Visual Artist, Graphic Designer
Based in Melbourne and Tehran
- PhD Candidate, RMIT School of Art (current)
- M.A. in Graphic Design, AZAD University of Art & Architecture, Tehran, Iran, 2009-2011
- B.A. in Graphic Design, Enghelab Technical Education Center, Tehran, Iran, 2004-2006
Selected Art Projects
- There for you!, Art Series, 2016
- Bokosh Bokosh, Art Series, 2015.
- KASEBI, Short Film, 2010.
KASEBI is the Persian equivalent for work. I put a camera inside my car and for days I played the role of a private taxi driver to capture and represent different aspects of this career.
- Mourning of Muharram, Short Film, 2009.
Mourning of Muharram is a traditional and religious annual event in Iran.
- The Green, Performance, 2010. AZAD University of Art & Architecture, Tehran, Iran
- Past-Present, Cooperative Art Project, 2008
The idea was to experience the combination of Iranian traditional handicrafts, specifically pottery, with different and modern art forms and techniques. I cooperated with my brother who is a potter, ceramic artist, and sculptor into the production of a series of artworks. In this collaboration, I implemented new forms of Iranian typography on ceramic and clay material.
- Artland Billboard grant, Brunswick, Melbourne, 2017
- Artland Public Art Show grant, Brunswick, Melbourne, 2017
- Finalist for the 2017 Incinerator Art Award
- Finalist for the 2017 Wangaratta Contemporary Textile Award
- Winner, Footscray Art Prize 2017, Tertiary Award
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) 2015
- Outstanding Paper, 1st National Congress on Creative Advertising, Tehran, Iran, 2010
- Honourable mention for The Iranian Young Graphic Designers Competition, 2009
- Winner of the first prize of The Art Students Competition, Iran ,2003
- Scream!, Solo Exhibition, First Site Art Gallery, Melbourne, Nov. 2017
- Incinerator Art Award Exhibition, Incinerator Art Gallery, Melbourne, October – November 2017
- Between the devil and the deep blue sea, Solo Exhibition, Langford 120 Art Gallery, Melbourne, Oct. 2017
- Wangaratta Contemporary Textile Award Exhibition, Wangaratta Art Gallery, 2017
- Footscray Art Prize Exhibition, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia, 2017
- Faryad Solo Exhibition, Iran, 2017
- NAMAYESHGAH Group Exhibition, Iran, 2015
- Bokosh Bokosh Solo Exhibition, Iran, 2015
- Good 50x70 Poster Exhibition, Participated with three posters, 2011
- FASL Group Exhibition, Exhibited Past-Present Cooperative Art Project, Iran, 2008
- PAJOUHESH Week Poster Exhibition, Participated with one poster, Iran, 2004